13 Tech Boundaries to Contemplate
I’ve been pondering quite a bit about boundaries recently. First impressed by this podcast (and the visitor’s guide), I’ve been questioning my very own boundaries quite a bit – and realizing simply how few strict boundaries I implement. However I’m engaged on it, beginning with tech boundaries. In the event you’re seeking to do the identical, listed below are some to contemplate.
- With the Boomerang plug-in, you’ll be able to actually ‘pause your inbox,’ which primarily hides your emails from you from x hour to x hour of your selection. You possibly can override this if it’s an emergency however until you select to show off the operate, you gained’t see any incoming emails till the clock hits 8 a.m. or no matter time you will have it set to.
- Shut your e-mail window in your desktop, apart from checking in a number of occasions a day. I like morning, earlier than lunch, and as soon as about an hour earlier than I log off.
- Star any undesirable emails and on the finish of every day, unsubscribe. You may also use one thing like Unroll me.
TEXTS, CALLS and NOTIFICATIONS
- Flip off notifications for group texts when you’re in lively group chats. Catch up while you really feel prefer it or take away your self from the group textual content totally.
- Make a piece rule that you just don’t textual content coworkers, shoppers, and the like. It would really feel uncomfortable at first, however most individuals will respect this and it’s value a shot.
- Take away iMessage out of your pc if it’s a distraction.
- Much like e-mail, select a number of occasions a day (or no matter works for you) to test/reply to texts. Flip off your notifications, silence your cellphone, use Airplane mode, no matter.
- For spam calls, observe these directions from the FTC to keep away from them as a lot as attainable. SO annoying, proper?
- Spend 10 minutes to undergo all of the apps in your cellphone and switch off any push notifications you don’t truly discover helpful.
- Unfollow anybody who makes you’re feeling destructive or down on your self. This goes for any hate follows as nicely – you understand these folks you secretly observe simply to evaluate/discuss shit about. It’s not serving you!
- In the event you’re nervous about hurting emotions, use the mute button on Instagram and use it usually.
- If a sure app is total providing you with anxiousness or making you’re feeling shitty, delete it! Life can go on with out Instagram; attempt it for a number of days to see what it’s like.
- Activate cut-off dates in your social media apps (or any apps for that matter). On an iPhone, go to Settings > Display screen Time after which activate display time. You possibly can faucet App Limits and edit accordingly for particular apps from there.
What different tech boundaries have you ever applied? Spill please!