Joyful Monday! We’re again with 10 issues! So, the primary 10 random stream of consciousness issues as they arrive to thoughts right now–prepared–go!
10 Issues 10.31
1. We’re going trick or treating with buddies tonight!
(Our first time trick or treating, clearly June was too younger final 12 months!) Undecided if the rain will maintain off or how lengthy we’ll final. June has each a bat and a bunny costume–right here’s a photograph of her bat costume above. 🥰 We might turn into the bunny later–we will see!
2. A candy buddy dropped off two candles from this native Chicago candle firm (she’s on Etsy!) as a present–the “Midwest” (like a pumpkin-y vanilla scent) and “Provence” (amber + lavender) and so they scent AMAZING.
They’re unhazardous product of coconut wax and $30 every. I really like them. Thanks, Deb! Additionally, it’s best to observe Deb’s house Instagram account–it’s SO lovely!
3. On being a mum or dad and journey:
I’ve traveled fairly a bit with out June since changing into a mother and was reminded of among the best elements of being a mum or dad returning house from Lisbon: you’re by no means unhappy to return house from trip anymore. As somebody who would all the time get unhappy on the tail-end of a visit as a result of it was virtually over, it’s very nice to be equally as excited to return house to see your child as you had been to go on trip within the first place!
4. Talking of, I do know I simply obtained house however the impending drizzly climate has me itching to plan a visit to Florida.
We usually all the time go to Ft. Lauderdale and hoping to sneak down there not less than as soon as earlier than our journey within the spring. We’re planning on doing the identical factor we did final 12 months in renting a buddies condominium for the month of March (splitting time with Neal’s dad and mom—so we’d take two weeks and so they’ll take two weeks or one thing alongside these strains). Fingers crossed we are able to get there in December or January although. (FYI, the Hilton proper on the seashore could be very household pleasant, we’ve stayed there a pair occasions!)
5. One in all my favourite meals in Lisbon was this Greek restaurant that has me craving Greek meals, so Greek rooster bowls have been within the rotation so much these days!
June loves them too! (Nicely, minus the salad half. I can’t say she’s huge on salad.)
6. Talking of Mediterranean meals, I went to Lyra for dinner a couple of weeks in the past with girlfriends and it was so good.
Extremely extremely advocate if you happen to’re searching for an amazing spot within the west loop. Its very full of life and enjoyable environment and I believe it could be nice for a date. There’s a wine and piano bar down the road referred to as Grapes & Grains that will be nice for a nightcap!
7. Talking of nice eating places, I’m dying to get again to Armitage Alehouse.
Neal hasn’t been but (I’ve solely been as soon as) however it’s SO cool—the decor is sort of a lovely previous English pub with elevated Indian fusion meals.
8. Did you see Blondo got here out with the Sierra boot in a stunning darkish chocolate brown? 👀
Chocolate brown waterproof suede tremendous cozy tall boots YES PLEASE. (I discover them TTS. Really the best boots!) Additionally, I simply realized Tuckernuck carries the Velma (very comparable model, I’ve owned each over time) in chestnut tan!
9. My venture for this week:
I ordered a bunch of classic South Shore Line posters for our hallway, and I must get them hung! The South Shore Line is the prepare that runs from Chicago to Northwest Indiana (together with Beverly Shores, the place Neal’s household’s lake home is!) and so they created a bunch of posters to advertise tourism again within the 1920’s. There are loads of actually cool ones and I assumed it could be a superb use of the very clean area in our lengthy slender hallway! (Lastly getting artwork on the partitions, you recognize, 6 years later.)
10. Outdated Navy got here out with new “Inbuilt Heat” denims!!!
And so they’re 30% off proper now! I LIVE in these denims through the coldest winter months–they’re lined with a light-weight fleecy materials and are a lot hotter than common pants, however they don’t make you overheat inside! I’ve two of their Rockstar skinny types (that are nice for tall boots) however I simply ordered a few their straight leg types to check out, too.
Hope you may have a really blissful Halloween!! xoxo