The fashion guidelines I really like to interrupt. I wish to comply with many guidelines; they make life move easily and cut back chaos, e.g.: drive on the proper aspect of the highway, present up for appointments on time, and by no means contact the Queen.
However there are guidelines (pointers at the least) that present up in almost each record of style suggestions for Ladies of a Sure Age. A lot of them are terrific, and others I simply can’t assist breaking, with gusto. Please word, I’m solely talking for myself, not judging these guidelines per se. Listed here are a few of my style acts of on a regular basis rise up:
- Get an expert bra becoming and put money into nice bras. Nope, tried it, and I don’t have to. I get pleasure from sporting camis with built-in bras, or stretchy bras from PACT. I put on sturdy health bras for my exercises, however I can’t wait to take them off after I’m performed.
- Alongside the identical strains: don’t put on these Grandma panties, attempt some smooth thongs. Arggghh. Whereas not grandma-style, my private clothes are, properly, normal-sized and so they don’t have an agenda to invade my physique components.
- Personal a crisp white shirt. I’ve tried this too. I’ve not but (at 66!) discovered a really snug, flattering, easy-care white shirt. They’re simply not for me. Give me a pleasant, heavyweight white cotton or silk tee, with an open neckline.
“I really like guidelines and I really like following them, except that rule is silly.”
- Right here comes some heresy: Keep away from saggy clothes. I really like and put on saggy clothes on a regular basis. I purchased two pair of saggy linen trousers this summer time from Quince, and wore them virtually each day. They work in Florida winter too, with a thick cotton sweater and high-top sneakers. I really like saggy.
- Shapewear is a should. OK, right here I do know I’m most likely too rebellious. I acknowledge the good easy strains created by Spanx, et al. I simply really feel horrible all pressed in like that, and I attain as a substitute for a looser becoming piece of clothes. I’ll change my thoughts about this, however for now, I really feel freeeee.
“The hell with the foundations. If it sounds proper, then it’s.”
-Eddie Van Halen
I’d love to listen to from you! Are you an recurring rule-breaker? Do you’re feeling just a little rebellious whenever you put on white after Labor Day? No mistaken solutions, after all, all of us wish to be snug in our personal pores and skin.
Keep fabulous, xo
Put on what you’re keen on, at all times. Listed here are some goodies to browse:
Please bear in mind that hyperlinks to distributors could also be affiliate hyperlinks. I’ll profit out of your purchases by way of the hyperlinks on the weblog. Header photograph by Braulio Gómez on Unsplash.
(Visited 1,363 occasions, 1 visits immediately)